"Any startling piece of work has a subversive element in it, a delicious element often."
-Bodhisattva, Leonard Cohen (1934-2016)
To make real transformation in your life you have to know what you want. It has to be your prescious dream. I have a hallucination that when we each step fully into our own unique niche there will be room for all of us.
1. Set a timer for 15 minutes and just free form write about what you love.
Allow it to be silly. Don't judge yourself just yet. Be uncensored. Write down what you care about. You don't have to be good. Just allow yourself to be. Get detailed.
2. Go back through and highlight the words that stand out to you
Sort through what you have written about - see your reflection in the words.
3. Keep it quite.
Allow what others think to fall away and step into your own opinion of yourself. You don't need to proclaim it just yet. Just do this in your head. Do it only for yourself. Keep this like a secret seed of wisdom that you intend to protect and grow. This is an idea at its most fragile.
4. Envision it.
- See it. Watch a movie of who you would be if you already had the result.
- Say it. Call it into existance. I like this phrasing from Acoustamata: "I allow myself _________ with grace and ease."
- Feel it. Do this until you can feel your physical body aligned with what you want like it is happening in the present moment. The feeling tone is what creates the outer reality.
Compassion + Integrity = Powerful Leadership - What's your vision for the world?