“If you think you're enlightened go spend a week with your family” - Ram Das
I am here to make your holiday a little more delicious with a sneak peak of samples from my brand new Holiday Survival Guide for Conscious Creators. If you received this in email form, read the bold for new additional tips.
Going home for the holidays can be incredibly stressful. I know for me, the weight of my family patterns would have me stuffing myself with food that hurts my body, and drinking too much in no time at all.
Before all of that starts it's time to access the time honored and tested resources that leave us feeling good and present enough to really connect with family and friends through the lens of love.
It's not that I do not love and treasure my family - they are actually super important to me and I cherish our short amount of time together.
However, the family of origin is where we came up with many of our limiting patterns to begin with. It is where we practiced them into believing they were true about us. You've already done the hard work of rattling yourself free - let's keep you up to speed.
The good news is...
1. You don't have to suffer through the holidays like I have. This guide is complete with the tips and tricks that keep you on track with living your vision before, during and after the holidays.
Plan your food! Most diet books right now adivse that it is not HOW MUCH you eat but WHAT you eat that determines your weight. The good news is they are right. The bad news is they are WRONG!
It is BOTH what you eat and how much that determines your weight. But aside from weight, we want you to be in love with your beautiful body and enjoying the deliscious food avialable during the holidays. If you fill up on the cheese platter it is likely you wont enjoy dinner. It's just logic.
Step 1: Make a deliberate, 100% commitment to eating the right amount for your body. Speak this commitment to yourself in the morning when you wake up every day. When you remember, say it again in your head. When you are eating, say it again in your head. Note if you are eating for the taste (which is fine btw!), for hunger (which is fine) or because you are feeling anxious or uncomfortable. If it is because you are feeling uncomfortable ask, "What do I need right now that will allow me to feel relaxed, gracious, and noruished." Listen for the answer.
Plan your exericise! My siblings and I started a new tradition where in between breakfast and the arrival of my cousins we would don our santa hats and go for a jog. This made the brisket dinner and brie cheese way easier to enjoy! See if you can rope your loved ones into forming healthy habits that support you. Spike your endorphines with jumping jacks and squats. Or, set a ten minute timer and get your dance on. You can dance anywhere.
2. We are not victim to or at the will of our circumstance. I will show you how to remember your resources and get empowered again when you fall off track, which you probably will... again and again and again.
Top three in the moment self soothing tips that you should have been taught in elementary school:
Feel your physical body with your own hands
- Hold your own hands. Internaly remind yourself you are there with yourself
Use your hands to rub small circles on your arms and legs.
- Really pay attention to the contact your are both giving adn receiving
Count 5 things in the room
- Describe them in detail. I.e. There is a dark blue rug with white wavy lines running
3. Family shows us where we still need to work so we cam strengthen our resolve to be healthy conscious contributors to our world.
If you start to get stressed and feel self doubt about your life choices - switch the focus of the conversation to your family member.
- Ask open ended questions like "What was the most exciting event of your year?"
The guide is full of sample conversation questions
Love Love Love yourself
- Shame is a huge shame. Are you a human? Are they? We all experienceshame. It's really okay. Even if you "mess it up" you get to love that part of yourself that hates you and thinks you should just give up and live on the streets already. The truth is you have made the heroic decision to live your life your way. Remember this like a little seed of hope sitting in your palm. Even if you have not seen the results you would like to see in your business or creative endevors yet, you are a badass and you are on your way. You don't have anything to prove.
Try This: Stay focused on how you want to feel in every moment. If your mind starts to beat on you, ask that voice what it really needs. If you can give it what it needs in the moment, go ahead and do it (i.e. a glass of water or a walk alone). If you can't, promise you will later and go ahead and make that happen as soon as you can. Don't abandon yourself. Really follow through on these internal requests. This builds trust in yourself.
The holidays bring us together, but true connection starts within. '
If you are spending time with your family or origin, this is a survival guide born of my years study and practical experience that will allow you to thrive.
This guide can be your life line.
Get practical advice on:
1. Pre-planning - Get yourself set up for success
2. Emergent during content - If shit hits the fan, you'll have a plan
3. Aftermath solutions - We'll get you back to feeling good in two shakes
PLUS you get unlimited text and email contact with yours truly! I'm here for you :D
Happy Holidays, Lovers.
As always, feel free to reach out. I love to hear from you.
Compassion + Integrity = Powerful Leadership - What's your vision for the world?