Today is inauguration day. Millions of people across the country are getting ready to march. Millions of people across the country are upset about Donald Trump.
It is our job as leaders of the heart to hold the space of loving kindness around this event with witness consciousness. We see clearly. We know what is going on. We apply the light of our awareness to the pain that arises within and around us. Not everyone (in fact most people) do NOT have this capacity.
Dig into your values. What do you care about? Choose to express that today. Express it in every way you know how. Do it today. Do it tomorrow. Do it the next day. That is a leader of the heart. Trust your moral compass. Look within for change to come out.
Leading from the Heart can be trained. It was trained into me, one of the most self aggressive people I know, and it can be trained into you too.
This practice makes you POWERFUL. It makes you untouchable in the sense that you have complete ownership, gratitude, and blessed love for all of your emotions. For all of your parts. All of them.
Even when you act out and receive the consequences of those actions, you apply love. You apply loving witness. Over and over and over. If you get whacked by someone else's opinion about you, you know where in yourself you are not loving yourself and holding yourself in loving kindness. If you look out at the world and HATE it. You know where in the world you need to apply loving kindness.
This happened to me just last night. A man I don't know sent me a message asking if one of my favorite teachers is an emotional predator. I didn't react, but I did feel it. Up came the shadow of exploitation. In each and every one of us there is an exploiter and exploited. We can hold all of these parts. It doesn't mean we are exploitive. It just means that if I am afraid of being exploitive then it will rattle me and it did.
It brought my shadow up from the depths to say hi and showed me exactly where my confidence and loving attention has been absent. I like to listen to what my shadows have brought me in my life. To learn from them, I ask them to show me where I have grown as a result of their existence.
I learned that my exploitive self is a protector. It looks out for my best interest. It has taught be to think of OTHERS best interest. Ironic huh!? My exploitive self actually gives me confidence in my work. Many people are still wary of coaches and coaching. I consider it my job to support you in bringing yourself into the light and sharing your gifts. I know that is good work and it will create a healthier culture at large. I applaud your reading. I applaud your growth. That is the result of a fear of being exploitive. I must rise to the occasion of providing only content that I really believe in and know works.
Loving kindess translates to your freedom. You are free to speak. You are free to act. You are free to LEAD. We need the power in the hands of kind, loving, creative and thoughtful people. You are here to live the life that you create for yourself. You are here to shine. You are here to lead. WE need you.
A Leader of the Heart is someone who is radically self loving and shares the full spectrum of their life experience from a place of peace.
Their very living is a tool and example for human growth and evolution.
They are peaceful because they are holding all of the sensations of their emotion in a warm bowl of loving witness consciousness and transforming that intensity into creative life energy and social change #leadersoftheheart #lovealltheparts
Here is the continuation of a very basic map to become a Leader of the Heart:
2. Leader of the Heart: The life of radical self love
- Learn to sit with yourself. I had to go to grad school and stake my education on this to actually learn how to sit. I hated it. I was "mindful in motion" all the time. But I would not sit. And I would not sit still. I went to my first meditation retreat and thought I would have to pack my bags and walk home along the cold red dirt in January. Apparently I didn't consider asking for a ride an option at the time....
- Stake something important on sitting. Link it with something you care about to leverage yourself. I have heard coaches suggest ridiculous things like $1000 or having a friend come spray paint ridiculous insults on the side of your car if you don't follow through. I suggest something like eduction, or simply putting yourself in the context of other people. The teachers are there to teach you! It's a skill. It's there job!
- Schedule in ten minutes every morning or every night. My mom even suggests scheduling 1 minute. Everyone has time for one minute. If you are skipping it, then there is something else going on. Ask yourself, "Why am I resisting this?" Listen for the answer. Ask, "What do you (that part) need so I can move forward?" When you get an answer keep asking until you find something actionable and specific that you can do. If you still can't get it, a good coach can help you work it through.
- Cultivate the feeling tone of love.
- A practice I like for this is to imagine the people who love you and want to see you thrive with one hand on your shoulder. As you extend outward in community those people each with a hand on the shoulder of the person before, makes a large imaginary protective ring around you. Your grandparents, their parents and your lineage. Teachers who took an interest in you. Friends who love you... and more...
Leaders of the Heart Part 3 coming soon!
Compassion + Integrity = Powerful Leadership - What's your vision for the world?